Brazilian Keratin Treatment in NYC: FAQS
1. Can you do the treatment over Japanese straightening?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any kind of straightening?
2. Is this treatment a relaxer ?
No. It is a treatment based of keratin that naturally straightens your hair.
3. Can you do the treatment after coloring?
Yes. In fact, the result will be better!
4. Can you do the treatment on top of relaxed hair?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any previously relaxed hair.
5. Can you do the treatment on previously chemically treated hair?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any chemical.
6. Can you do the treatment on highlighted hair?
Yes. You can receive the treatment immediately after getting highlights.
7. Can you do the treatment on virgin hair?
Yes. But it wont last as long as a previously-colored or chemically-treated hair.
8. Can you do the treatment on children, if yes, what ages?
Yes. We recommend on children 12 and over.
9. Can I color my hair and do the treatment?
Yes. We recommend you color the hair prior to receiving the treatment.
10. Can I color my hair after the treatment?
Yes. We recommend that you wait at least 2 weeks after you have done the treatment.
11. Can I wash my hair after the treatment, and when?
Yes, but only 3 full days after you have done the treatment.
12. Can I wear a ponytail or tie my hair?
No, only 3 full days after doing the treatment.
13. What should I do if my hair gets wet during the first 4 days?
Blow dry immediately.
14. Can I go into the pool or ocean after the treatment?
Yes, after 3 full days.
15. How long will the treatment stay on my hair?
2 months on virgin hair, and 3-4 on any other type of hair.
16. What shampoo can I use after doing the treatment?
We recommend a shampoo that is sodium chloride- and sulfate-free, and one that has Keratin and UV protection. Ask your salon for more details.
17. Do I have to do touch-ups on my next visit or do you re-treat the whole head?
The whole head.
18. When should I have the treatment done again?
Every 2-4 months or as needed.
19. Can I do the treatment every month?
20. Should I cut my hair before the treatment?
No. we recommend cutting your hair afterwards; this way you can trim the dead ends at the end of the treatment.
21. Can I use any hair-spray, gel, mousse, or any other hair products on my hair during the first 3-day period?
22. If I get any ridges in my hair when I sleep, what should I do?
Use either a blow dryer or flat iron to straighten out the ridge in the hair.
23. Can I do the treatment while pregnant or nursing ?
It is not recommended by the FDA.
24. Can a infant be present while the treatment its being done?
We recommend against it, as the smell may irritate the child.